How to Become a Massage Therapist in Alabama
Alabama is a warm southern state known for its college sports teams, which makes it an ideal place for massage therapists! From the Birmingham Zoo to the US Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, there are a number of other activities to partake in.
However, if you want to earn your massage therapy license and certification in Alabama, you should follow to these steps :
- Enroll in an approved school on behalf of the Alabama Board of Massage Therapy.
- Complete 650 hours of training including anatomy, physiology, business practices, and other related coursework.
- Finish hands-on practice under supervision.
- Pass the NCETMB exam along with practical and oral exams given by the state board.
- Pursue a career in a nursing home, wellness center, sports injury clinic, or physician’s office. You can also apply to work as a massage therapist at a spa, resort, or salon. You have the option to run your own business, too!
Did you know that by 2022, the job outlook for massage therapists will increase by 23%? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics , you also have the potential to earn over $35,970 a year.