How to Become a Massage Therapist in Florida
Orlando, Tallahassee, and other popular beach cities of Florida are an ideal place to get certified and licensed as a massage therapist. Florida is known as the Sunshine State because of its abundance of warm weather. From Disneyworld to Epcot Center, there are a number of fun amusement parks for all ages. With this much attention in one area, you can easily find work as a massage therapist in Florida.
You must fulfill the following requirements in order to earn your license and certification in Florida :
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Study basic massage principles, techniques, and more.
- Learn about kinesiology, physiology, pathology, anatomy, and more.
- Complete 500 hours of training at an approved school.
- Pass the National Certification Examination for Massage Therapy NESL/NCETM/TMB or MBLEx test.
- You have the option to work at the following places: doctor’s office, nursing home, sports medicine clinic, wellness center, cruise ship, resort, spa, salon, your own business.