How to Become a Massage Therapist in Indiana
If you want to work with athletes in the field of massage therapy, you must complete these requirements :
- Finish 500 hours of training from an approved school on behalf of the Indiana State Board of Massage Therapy.
- Study anatomy, kinesiology, and several other classes within health sciences.
- Practice within a hands-on clinical setting.
- Pass any national certification examination including the NCE, MBLEx, NCETM, or NCETMB.
- Renew your license every four years.
- Apply for work within a medical setting such as a sports clinic, doctor’s office, or wellness center. Social atmospheres like spas, salons, and resorts also need massage therapists for tourism needs.
You can earn an average of $35,970 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Imagine working with professional athletes and making a decent living at the same time!