How to Become a Massage Therapist in Louisiana
The state of Louisiana attracts millions of tourists, which makes it a great place to learn massage therapy. From Baton Rouge to New Orleans, people are busy from the bayou to the French Quarters. During Mardi Gras, it is a non-stop party. Afterwards, you can help people relax and unwind with a massage.
In order to earn your license and certification in Louisiana you have to follow these steps :
- Complete 500 hours of training from an approved school on behalf of the Louisiana Board of Massage Therapy.
- 325 of these hours must be geared toward massage therapy technique and clinical practice.
- 125 of these hours need to be based on the study of anatomy, physiology, and other health sciences along with business practice, ethics, health and hygiene, and so on.
- Pass a national examination including the NCBTMB, MBLEx, NCE, or NCCAOM.
- Focus on obtaining a job within a medical setting such as a doctor’s office, nursing home, wellness center, or sports injury clinic. If you prefer, you can apply at a salon, spa, resort, or work for yourself!
Depending on your career goals, you will earn a great pay! According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, you can make over $35,970 each year.