How to Become a Massage Therapist in Maryland
You should study massage therapy in Maryland! From Baltimore to D.C., Maryland is known for its historic charm. However, it also has natural beauty within the coastal shores of the Atlantic Ocean, Chesapeake Bay, and Appalachian Mountains.
In order to earn your license and certification in Maryland, you can follow these steps :
- Join an approved school on behalf of the Maryland Board of Chiropractic & Massage Therapy Examiners and complete 500 hours of training.
- You must also finish 60 hours of college coursework.
- Pass the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork examination (NCBTMB) or the NCCAOM — Asian Bodywork Therapy exam.
- Complete a jurisprudence exam is required to prove you know the state laws and regulations.
- Apply for work at a salon, spa, resort, nursing home, wellness center, doctor’s office, sports clinic, or work for yourself!
After you earn your license and certification, you have the potential to earn $35,970 every year according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.