How to Become a Massage Therapist in Michigan
You can pursue a career in massage therapy in Michigan! With its diverse climates and four seasons, people are always in need of a good massage. It does not matter if you are visiting the Thumb, Mackinaw Island, or Detroit, there are both natural wonders along with urban cities. The Great Lakes State is known for its warm beaches and icy ponds. There is something to do year-round!
There are two ways to earn your license and certification in Michigan :
- Join an approved massage therapy school on behalf of the Michigan Board of Massage Therapy.
- Fulfill 300 hours of training and provide an affidavit of three years of massage therapy experience for 10 hours weekly.
- Pass the MBLEx or the NCBTMB exam.
- Provide an affidavit of five years of massage therapy experience for 10 hours weekly.
- Pass the MBLEx or the NCETMB exam.
- You can work at a number of different places after you become a massage therapist. Consider applying at a nursing home, wellness center, sports injury clinic, or doctor’s office. You can also work at a spa, salon, resort, or for yourself!
From 2012 to 2022, the job outlook for massage therapists is likely to increase by 23% according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. You can earn over $35,970 annually!