How to Become a Massage Therapist in New Jersey
New Jersey is a small yet exciting state; earn your massage therapy license and certification there today! From Atlantic City to Jersey Shore, there are a number of casinos, museums, parks, and zoos to visit. Whether you want to have a thrilling day at Six Flags or just relax on the beach, there is never a dull moment in New Jersey.
It does not take long to become a massage therapist in New Jersey :
- Complete 500 hours of approved massage therapy training on behalf of the New Jersey State Massage, Bodywork and Somatic Therapy Examining Committee.
- Finish all of your coursework and theory classes.
- Undergo an addition 100 hours of hands-on practice.
- Pass the National Certification Examination for Massage Therapy by taking the NESL or MBLEx test. You also have the option to take the Asian Bodywork Therapy Examination instead.
- Apply for a job in a nursing home, wellness center, or physician’s office after you receive your license and certification. Resorts, spas, and salons also want to hire massage therapists.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics , the median pay for a massage therapist in 2012 was $35,970.