How to Become a Massage Therapist in New York
New York is where all of your American dreams can come true including becoming a massage therapist. From Manhattan to Brooklyn to New York City, there is a plethora of opportunities and attractions. You can visit Broadway, the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, and a number of other well-known sites.
If you want to become a massage therapist in New York, you have to follow these guidelines :
- Finish 1,000 hours of approved massage therapy training.
- Undergo 150 hours of each program in a student clinic setting for oriental and western massage and bodywork therapy.
- Pass a state exam on behalf of the Massage Therapy Examination.
- If English is not your first language, you have to pass a test to prove proficiency as well.
- Become a massage therapist at a resort, spa, or salon. You can also apply to work in a doctor’s office, nursing home, or other medical settings.
Do you want to make an average of $35,970 a year? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics it is within reach if you become a massage therapist!