How to Become a Massage Therapist in Ohio
Ohio is a flourishing state with a plethora of activities including massage therapy! From amusement parks and zoos to parks and museums, there is always something to do. Whether you live in Toledo, Cleveland, or Cincinnati, you can have a successful career that is full of fun.
You can complete your license and certification in Ohio through the following requirements :
- Enroll in an approved massage therapy school on behalf of the State Medical Board of Ohio.
- Finish 750 hours of training over at least nine months while in school.
- Study massage theory and complete a hands-on clinical practice.
- Pass the national certification exam MBLEx.
- Nursing homes, wellness centers, doctors’ offices, and sports injury clinics all need massage therapists. Spas, resorts, and salons also require massage therapists.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, you will be able to make over $39,570 every year as a massage therapist.