How to Become a Massage Therapist in South Dakota
South Dakota is a relaxing state, so why not help others reduce stress and relax too? You can do so by earning your massage therapy license and certification! South Dakota is home to the famous Mount Rushmore National Memorial. Although this is a manmade wonder, there are a number of natural beauties to visit too. This includes the Black Hills National Forest or the Wind Cave National Park.
If you want to start your career as a massage therapist, follow these guidelines :
- Finish 500 hours of training from an appropriate school.
- Study anatomy, kinesiology, pathology, and other health sciences.
- Practice hands-on massage techniques.
- Pass a national examination for certification.
- Apply at a doctor’s office, nursing home, or wellness center for work. You can also work at a resort, salon, or spa. Many massage therapists even run their own businesses!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for a massage therapist is $35,970. The job outlook is likely to increase by 23% from 2012 to 2022.