How to Become a Massage Therapist in Texas
Massage therapy may not fit the theme ‘everything is bigger in Texas’ but it is a career that is booming. Urban cities like Austin, Houston, and Dallas all have millions of residents and tourists alike. Even in the smaller, more country town there is a need for a massage therapist!
It is pretty easy to earn your license and certification in Texas :
- Enroll in an approved massage therapy school on behalf of the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Complete 500 hours of training.
- 125 of these hours must be dealing with Swedish massage therapy theory and technique.
- Study other courses including anatomy, pathology, hydrotherapy, massage therapy laws, business practices, and more.
- Pass the NCETMB or MBLEx exam.
- With your license and certification, you have the option to work at the following places: nursing centers, physicians’ offices, wellness centers, sports injury clinics, spas, resorts, salons, or run your own business!
How does earning about $35,970 a year sound? The Bureau of Labor Statistics claims this is the average salary for a massage therapist.