How to Become a Massage Therapist in Virginia
Virginia is the perfect state to earn your license and certification in massage therapy because it is full of southern charm. From Arlington National Cemetery to homes of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, it has historic culture. However, Richmond is an urban city with tons of parks, museums, zoos, and more! Don’t forget to visit the beaches and relax — with a massage!
In order to earn your license and certification in Virginia, you must complete the following :
- Finish with a high school diploma or GED.
- Complete 500 hours of training on behalf of the Board of Nursing in Virginia.
- Although college studies are not required, you are encouraged to take health science classes.
- Pass the NCBTMB or MBLEx.
- Depending on your career goals, you can work as massage therapist at a spa, salon, resort, doctor’s office, wellness center, or sports clinic.
The median salary for massage therapists is around $35, 970 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.